Yeah, no. I don’t want to drop this thing either.
I’ve had a lot of fun translating it (although the speed has been dwindling recently), and I wanted to finish the damn thing if I could. Unfortunately, before I could, the author decided to go to a publisher called Kakaopage, the publisher that the author of A Record of A Thousand Lives went to. And the publisher told the author that the translations cannot continue. Just like how they told the author of A Record of A Thousand Lives that I had to drop my presentation.
Because of Kakaopage, now I’ve lost two projects.
I’d like to not have any hard feelings for the publisher, because it is a business, after all– gotta to what they can to make money– but honestly, having two projects taken down because of them is seriously pissing me off…
But rules are rules, I guess, and I’ve decided to follow my set of morals as best as I could as long as I keep translating. It’s extremely annoying, but oh well.
That being said, if a translator wants to take the project instead of me, I’m all for it. Just because I’m backing out doesn’t mean others have to as well. Please, by all means, take it away from me.
And yes. I hate having to choose projects that the authors suddenly revoke the rights to translate from me as well. Lovely, isn’t it? Just in the middle of translatin’, moving happily along and– bam, now I can’t translate anymore.